Monday, September 7, 2009

Update on No Poo: Hair is definantly starting to wean now. It almost feels waxy like. Nothing I can't handle though! I heard about a good recipe for when your hair gets waxy that I plan on trying; 2 egg yolks, 1/4 c. milk, and 3-6 drops of tea tree oil. Mix it up, work it into your hair really well and rinse in COLD water (if you don't rinse in cold the egg will start to cook and be a gross, chunky mess!). It's supposed to clear your hair right up! But you can't do it very often or the protein in the eggs will cause your hair to break.

I did get bored today though so I took a trip to my local Akin's Whole Foods store. I ended up buying some Kiss My Face Moisture Soap in Peach and Crystal Roll-On Body Deodorant. I 'm sad to find out though (through stumbling upon a FAQ list tonight and looking at the ingredients on the bottle) that the KMF has Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate in it which is a cheap, harsh detergent used in shampoos for its cleansing and foam-building properties. Often derived from petroleum, it is frequently disguised in pseudo-natural cosmetics with the phrase "comes from coconuts." It is known to causes eye irritation, scalp scurf similar to dandruff, skin rashes and other allergic reactions. Though I've never had an allergic reaction to anything myself, I'm really wanting to avoid synthetic cosmetic ingredients. I was really wanting to like this soap too (it smelt wonderful). So I will be returning that tomorrow. As for the Crystal Deodorant, it only contains 5 ingredients, none of which I've found anything negative about. I'm a pretty bad sweater and if I don't wear something I can get pretty stinky. This worked great today though! No smell and I didn't sweat either. A+ from me for now.

I also ordered some tooth chips (soap for teeth) and a coconut milk shampoo and body bar from http://www.roseofsharonacres.com/ today. I can't wait to get them both to try and will post a review after receiving and using them! The FAQ I mentioned above was found on said website also or you can just click here.

Have a great night and remember to check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment